This homestyle side dish recipe is one of my favorite dishes. My Grandma used to make corn pudding for every Thanksgiving and everyone in my family would eat it by the plate full.
In all honesty, who doesn’t like corn? I don’t know that I’ve ever met someone who didn’t eat corn. That makes this a great dish because it has 2 different kinds of canned corn in it and you could even add homegrown corn from your own garden. That would make it even better! If that’s even possible.
In order to make this side dish creamy and perfect you must follow the directions. If you add everything together out of order things don’t mix and combine like they should. If the cornbread mix isn’t sprinkled in it just doesn’t come out perfect and the outsides end up burning while it cooks.
Corn Pudding Recipe
- 2 cans 15oz Creamed Corn
- 1 can 15oz whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 cup melted, unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8.5 oz sweet cornbread mix
- Turn oven on 350 F.
- Add eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat until well blended.
- Add in creamed corn and whole kernel corn and mix well.
- Then add in sugar, ground nutmeg, and vanilla. Mix until blended well. Don’t worry if the corn splits, it’ll still be good.
- Add sour cream and mix or fold in.
- Pour in melted butter. Then sprinkle in cornbread mixture while mixing.
- After everything is good and mixed, pour into buttered 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let sit for 5-7 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
*Be sure to mix ingredients in order or will be soupy in the middle.