We get a respiratory virus in 2020 and the first thing that flies off the shelf is TP?! Pandemics are not something to take lightly as people decide to start stocking up on items to quarantine themselves. This hand sanitizer recipe is one to keep on hand for when hand sanitizer isn’t accessible.
I go into my local grocery stores and the shelves are bare of toilet paper, paper towels, ramen noodles, Lysol, and hand sanitizer. As the days go on it gets worse, it’s hard to find alcohol now!
Luckily not the kind you drink! Wine is not on everyone’s radar… yet!
The most strategic thing you can do in this kind of situation is not to panic. We have been through so many generations of history that we can figure out something to survive.
Like my DIY Hand Sanitizer, we’re going Walking Dead style and using what we have. If you don’t have essential oils or haven’t used them before. Now is a good time to start learning and using. They may not be a cure for things, but they help treat symptoms and are one of my favorite things.
This hand sanitizer we are about to make is
It doesn’t contain harmful chemicals and is totally customizable to what you think smells good.
Items List For Homemade Hand Sanitizer:
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Vodka (The cheaper the better)
- Essential Oils
- Vitamin E Oil (handles as a preservative while soothing hands)
- Squeezable tube or container (or repurpose a hand sanitizer bottle)
- Apply all ingredients listed below into a sandwich bag. Create as much or as little as you need.
2 drops Tea Tree Essential oil
1 tbsp Vodka
3 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
1 tsp Vitamin E Oil
- Mix contents in the bag by gently mushing around until contents are well mixed.
- Cut a small corner off one point of the bag and use to squeeze into new container for on-the-go sanitation.
It’s always best to wash your hands with soap and water to rid all germs, but we don’t always have access to it. Like after pumping gas or handling money. This vodka-based homemade hand sanitizer will soothe your hands all while killing the germs!
Let me know what you think or what kind of oils are your favorite!
Other articles that may interest you: