When you’re in a hurry and need a dish to take with you. You can’t go wrong with simple deviled eggs.
Most, if not all of the ingredients you can find in your fridge and if you mix the ingredients in a zip-lock bag there’s minimal cleanup. Whoa right? I didn’t think of that either until someone told me. Game changer.
When I started on my own and having to cook, this was the first recipe I started with. Although I called my Mom several times to make sure I was getting it right. I have now realized it’s difficult to screw up a deviled egg.
The hardest thing is making sure you get the boiling of the egg right. I have learned that if you set it at medium heat and get the water boiling, gently drop your eggs in and set your timer to 12 minutes, they come out almost always perfect.
The pickle relish gives these eggs that little sweetness that makes them different from basic recipes. I hope you enjoy.
Simple Deviled Eggs
- 6 Large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard
- Paprika (For Garnish)
- Place eggs in a single layer in a pot with water covering all eggs.
- Boil 12 minutes with a low boil.
- After boiled, place pot in the sink and run cool water until eggs are cool to touch.
- Peel eggs and cut into halves. Place whites on serving dish.
- Spoon out yolks into a ziplock bag.
- Add mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, and salt&pepper to your liking in the ziplock bag. Mash together until well mixed.
- Cut a bottom corner off, big enough for relish to pass.
- Squeeze contents onto egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Now, to cut this down to 15 minutes go ahead and mix all your ingredients in the bag, except for the egg yolks. When you spoon the yolks into the bag you’ll have less time in adding everything else. After well mixed, just cut the corner off small enough for the pickle relish to squeeze through. Fill egg whites and you’re ready to go!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. Thank you.